Comment on page
This plugin enables you to insert items (one by one or by a selection on one or several categories) from List Bingo in your Newsletter.
You can also use this plugin to automatically include your newly created (or modified) List Bingo items in an Auto-newsletter or a Newsletter.
You can search in all your List Bingo items and then click on one of the item to include it in your Newsletter.
You can use this interface to insert any List Bingo item in your Newsletter.
Each item can be selected one by one.
- Display: select the part of the content you want to display
- Title Only: only the title
- Category view: the title and everything before the "read more" link
- Detail view: the title and the entire content
- Display pictures: when creating a List Bingo item, you can attach a picture to your item. You can decide to display or not this picture in your Newsletter.
- Clickable Title: make your title clickable (so linked to your online version) or not.
- Customs Fields: If you want to display extra fields you put on List Bingo according to your item category.
You can select one or several List Bingo categories and AcyMailing will automatically include the List Bingo items belonging to the selected categories.
- Maximum Number of Articles: The inserted tag will be replaced by a maximum of X List Bingo items.
- Minimum Number of Articles: This option will only be displayed if you access this plugin for a Smart-Newsletter. AcyMailing will only generates your Smart-Newsletter if the minimum number of List Bingo items found is reached.
- Filter: This option will only be displayed if you access this plugin for a Smart-Newsletter. You can set a rule so that only newly created or modified List Bingo items are added to your Newsletter.
- Intro Word Wrapping : If you insert only the introduction, AcyMailing will insert all the text before the "read more" link. But if you didn't insert the read more link in your List Bingo Content, AcyMailing will only load the first XX characters of your content. If you specify 0 and you didn't add the "read more" link, AcyMailing won't wrap your content and load the entire article.
- Display articles: This parameter enables you to filter the list of List Bingo items in the tag system
- All articles: AcyMailing will display all your List Bingo items
- Only published articles: AcyMailing will only display your published List Bingo items
- Content Access : This option enables you to determine what kind of List Bingo item access AcyMailing should include when you include List Bingo items using the categories feature.
- Max picture height / Max picture width : In case of you selected the resized option, AcyMailing will resize your pictures following the specified max height / width.
- Menu ID : ID of the menu attached to the List Bingo component.
You can change the styles used for the title and the content area by editing your AcyMailing template.
Edit the AcyMailing template used for your Newsletter and then set some styles:
- Style for the content area will be used to encompass your List Bingo item
- Style for the content title will be applied to your content title
- Style for the read more link will be applied to your read more link (if you have one)
- You can also set the style of all your links using the Link a field
Set styles template
You can also modify the way your List Bingo item is displayed by creating your own template which will be used to render the List Bingo item. Please follow those instructions, we don't recommend you to modify the List Bingo plugin directly otherwise your changes will be overwritten when you update AcyMailing.
Create a file in the the folder media / com_acymailing / plugins (if the folder does not exists, please create it first). The folder used to be components/com_acymailing/templates/plugins in older versions. The name of the file should be listbingo.php If this file is available on your server, AcyMailing will use it and won't use the default one.
On this file you can access the element $article (which is the article object loaded from the content table) and the element $tag (which contains the information of the current tag used in your Newsletter)
You can display:
- the title of your item: $article->ads_title
- the intro of your article: $article->ads_description
- the full content of your article: $article->fulltext
- the url of your article: $link
- the price of your item : $article->pricetype & $article->currencycode
Using all those variables, you can create your own content template.