plugin: Lyften Bloggie
This plugin enables you to insert items (one by one or by a selection on one or several categories) from Lyften Bloggie in your Newsletter.
You can also use this plugin to automatically include your newly created (or modified) Lyften Bloggie items in an Auto-newsletter or a Newsletter.
You can search in all your Lyften Bloggie items and then click on one of the item to include it in your Newsletter.
You can use this interface to insert any Lyften Bloggie item in your Newsletter.
Each item can be selected one by one.
- Display: select the part of the content you want to display
- Title Only: only the title
- Intro Only: the title and everything before the "read more" link
- Text: the title and everything after the "read more" link
- Full text: the title and the entire content
- Display pictures: when creating a Lyften Bloggie item, you can attach a picture to your item. You can decide to display or not this picture in your Newsletter.
- Clickable Title: make your title clickable (so linked to your online version) or not.
You can select one or several Lyften Bloggie categories and AcyMailing will automatically include the Lyften Bloggie items belonging to the selected categories.
- Maximum Number of Articles: The inserted tag will be replaced by a maximum of X Lyften Bloggie items.
- Filter: This option will only be displayed if you access this plugin for a Smart-Newsletter. You can set a rule so that only newly created or modified Lyften Bloggie items are added to your Newsletter.
- Intro Word Wrapping : If you insert only the introduction, AcyMailing will insert all the text before the "read more" link. But if you didn't insert the read more link in your Lyften Bloggie Content, AcyMailing will only load the first XX characters of your content. If you specify 0 and you didn't add the "read more" link, AcyMailing won't wrap your content and load the entire article.
- Display articles: This parameter enables you to filter the list of Lyften Bloggie items in the tag system
- All articles: AcyMailing will display all your Lyften Bloggie items
- Only published articles: AcyMailing will only display your published Lyften Bloggie items
- Remove pictures: This parameter enables you to remove the pictures from your Lyften Bloggie items
- Never: the pictures won't be removed
- Only for the intro: the pictures will be removed if you include the intro only
- Always: the pictures will be always removed from the inserted Lyften Bloggie item
- Content Access : This option enables you to determine what kind of Lyften Bloggie item access AcyMailing should include when you include Lyften Bloggie items using the categories feature.
You can change the styles used for the title and the content area by editing your AcyMailing template.
Edit the AcyMailing template used for your Newsletter and then set some styles:
- Style for the content area will be used to encompass your Lyften Bloggie item
- Style for the content title will be applied to your content title
- Style for the read more link will be applied to your read more link (if you have one)
- You can also set the style of all your links using the Link a field
Set styles template
You can also modify the way your Lyften Bloggie item is displayed by creating your own template which will be used to render the Lyften Bloggie item. Please follow those instructions, we don't recommend you to modify the Lyften Bloggie plugin directly otherwise your changes will be overwritten when you update AcyMailing.
Create a file in the the folder media / com_acymailing / plugins (if the folder does not exists, please create it first). The name of the file should be lyftenbloggie.php If this file is available on your server, AcyMailing will use it and won't use the default one.
On this file you can access the element $article (which is the article object loaded from the content table) and the element $tag (which contains the information of the current tag used in your Newsletter)
You can display:
- the title of your item: $article->title
- the url of your article: $link
- the category name of your article: $article->cattitle
Using all those variables, you can create your own content template.