This plugin enables you to insert articles loaded from an RSS Feed in your Newsletter.
You can download this plugin from our download area.
- URL : specify the url of your feed.
- Clickable Title: should we add a link on the title so the user can checks your online version?
- Display pictures: should we display pictures, remove them or resize them?
- Max. Number of items : You can choose the number of articles AcyMailing should load from this feed.
- Min. Number of items : This option will only be displayed if you access this plugin for a Smart-Newsletter. AcyMailing will only generate your Smart-Newsletter if the minimum number of items found is reached.
- Filter: This option will only be displayed if you access this plugin for a Smart-Newsletter. You can choose to insert only newly created items.
- Max picture height : If you select the resized option in your tag, AcyMailing will resize your pictures. You can specify here its maximum height.
- Max picture width : If you select the resized option in your tag, AcyMailing will resize your pictures. You can specify here its maximum width.
You can change the styles used for the feed title and the feed body by editing the styles in your AcyMailing template.
You can also modify the way your feed is displayed by creating your own template which will be used to render the feed. Please follow those instructions, we don't recommend you to modify the newsfeeds plugin directly otherwise your changes will be overwritten when you update AcyMailing.
Create a file in the the folder media / com_acymailing / plugins (if the folder does not exists, please create it first). The name of the file should be newsfeeds.php If this file is available on your server, AcyMailing will use it and won't use the default one.
On this file you can access to the element $oneFeed:
Entire content: $oneFeed->get_content()
Array of authors: $oneFeed->get_authors()
Created date: $oneFeed->get_date()