Plugin: jCalPro Events
This plugin enables you to insert events (one by one or by a selection on one or several categories) from jCalPro in your Newsletter.
You can also use this plugin to automatically include your upcoming events in an Auto-newsletter or a Newsletter.
You can search in all your events and then click on one of the events to include it in your Newsletter.
You can download this plugin from our download area if you purchased at least one of our commercial version.
You can use this interface to insert any event in your Newsletter.
Each event can be selected one by one.
You can select one or several event categories and AcyMailing will automatically include the upcoming events from the selected categories when their starting date is inferior to the maximum starting date you specified.
- Maximum Number of Articles: The inserted tag will be replaced by a maximum of X events.
- Maximum Starting Date: AcyMailing will only include events when their starting date is less than X days after the current time. You can define this delay using this parameter.
- Minimum Number of Articles: This option will only be displayed if you access this plugin for a Smart-Newsletter. AcyMailing will only generates your Smart-Newsletter if the minimum number of events found is reached.
- Hide Past Events : This option enables you to display or not the past events in the Event selection.
- Include Private Events : This option enables you to determine if AcyMailing should also include private events when you include events using the upcoming events feature.
By default, AcyMailing will display your events like the following screenshot:
You can change the styles used for the event title and the event area by editing your AcyMailing template.
Edit the AcyMailing template used for your Newsletter and then set some styles:
- Style for the content area will be used to encompass your event
- Style for the content title will be applied to your event title
- You can also set the style of all your links using the Link a field
Set styles template
You can also modify the way your event is displayed by creating your own template which will be used to render the event. Please follow those instructions, we don't recommend you to modify the jcalpro plugin directly otherwise your changes will be overwritten when you update AcyMailing.
Create a file in the folder media / com_acymailing / plugins (if the folder does not exists, please create it first). The name of the file should be tagjcalpro.php If this file is available on your server, AcyMailing will use it and won't use the default one.
On this file you can access to the element $row (which is the event object loaded from the jcalpro2_events table).
You can display:
- the name of your event: $row->title
- the description of your event: $row->description
- your event date: $date
- the url of your event: $link
Using all those variables, you can create your own product template.
By default AcyMailing uses:
<a style="text-decoration:none;" name="event-<?php echo $row->extid; ?>" target="_blank" href="<?php echo $link; ?>">
<h2 class="acymailing_title"><?php echo $row->title; ?></h2>
<?php echo $date; ?>
<?php echo $row->description; ?>