This plugin enables you to insert events (one by one or by a selection on one or several categories) from RsEvents in your Newsletter.
You can also use this plugin to automatically include your upcoming events in an Auto-newsletter or a Newsletter.
You can search in all your events and then click on one of the events to include it in your Newsletter.
You can download this plugin from our download area.
You can use this interface to insert any event in your Newsletter.
Each event can be selected one by one.
You can select one or several event categories and AcyMailing will automatically include the upcoming events from the selected categories when their starting date is inferior to the maximum starting date you specified.
- Maximum Number of Articles: The inserted tag will be replaced by a maximum of X events.
- Maximum Starting Date: AcyMailing will only include events when their starting date is less than X days after the current time. You can define this delay using this parameter.
- Minimum Number of Articles: This option will only be displayed if you access this plugin for a Smart-Newsletter. AcyMailing will only generates your Smart-Newsletter if the minimum number of events found is reached.
- Theme: This option allow you to choose the display of your event according to one of RsEvents display. The default theme is Acymailing.
- Hide Past Events : This option enables you to display or not the past events in the Event selection.
- Content Access : This option enables you to determine what kind of event access AcyMailing should include when you include events using the upcoming events feature.
- Max picture height : If you select the resized option in your tag, AcyMailing will resize your pictures. You can specify here its maximum height.
- Max picture width : If you select the resized option in your tag, AcyMailing will resize your pictures. You can specify here its maximum width.
You can change the styles used for the event title and the event area by editing the styles in your AcyMailing template.
You can also modify the way your event is displayed by creating your own template which will be used to render the event. Please follow those instructions, we don't recommend you to modify the rsevents plugin directly otherwise your changes will be overwritten when you update AcyMailing.
Create a file in the the folder media / com_acymailing / plugins (if the folder does not exists, please create it first). The name of the file should be tagrsevent.php If this file is available on your server, AcyMailing will use it and won't use the default one.
On this file you can access to the element $event (which is the event object loaded from the rsevents_events and rsevents_locations tables).
You can display:
- the name of your event: $event->EventName
- the description of your event: $event->EventDescription
- your event start date: $event->EventStartDate
- your event end date: $event->EventEndDate
- Event Location: $event->LocationName
- Event host: $event->EventHost
- the url of your event: $link
Using all those variables, you can create your own product template.