Comment on page
This plugin enables you to insert files link (one by one or by a selection on one or several categories) from DOCman in your Newsletter.
You can also use this plugin to automatically include your new files in an Auto-newsletter or a Newsletter.
You can search in all your files and then click on one of the items to include it in your Newsletter.
You can download this plugin from our download area.
You can use this interface to insert any files in your Newsletter. Each item can be selected one by one.
- Title Only: only the title will be inserted
- Category View: the element will be inserted using the DOCman category view
- Details View: the element will be inserted using the DOCman details view
- Display pictures: You can decide to display or not this picture in your Newsletter or display a resized size of it.
- Clickable Title: make your title clickable (so linked to your online version) or not.
- Download: Create a direct link to the file so you can download it from the Acymailing newsletters.
You can select one or several categories and AcyMailing will automatically include the new files from the selected categories when their starting date is inferior to the maximum starting date you specified.
- Maximum Number of Articles: The inserted tag will be replaced by a maximum of X file.
- Maximum Starting Date: AcyMailing will only include file when their starting date is less than X days after the current time. You can define this delay using this parameter.
- Minimum Number of Articles: This option will only be displayed if you access this plugin for a Smart-Newsletter. AcyMailing will only generates your Smart-Newsletter if the minimum number of file found is reached.
- Display articles: This parameter enables you to filter the list of DOCman items in the tag system
- All articles: AcyMailing will display all your DOCman items
- Only published articles: AcyMailing will only display your published DOCman items
- Max picture height / Max picture width : In case of you selected the resized option, AcyMailing will resize your pictures following the specified max height / width.
- Menu ID : ID of the menu attached to the DOCman Component..
You can change the styles used for the files title and the items area by editing the styles in your AcyMailing template.
You can also modify the way your file is displayed by creating your own template which will be used to render the file. Please follow those instructions, we don't recommend you to modify the DOCman plugin directly otherwise your changes will be overwritten when you update AcyMailing.
Create a file in the the folder media / com_acymailing / plugins (if the folder does not exists, please create it first). The name of the file should be docman.php If this file is available on your server, AcyMailing will use it and won't use the default one.
On this file you can access to the element $article (which is the item object loaded from the DOCman table).
You can display:
- the Id of the file : $article->DocId
- the name of the file : $article->dmname
- picture of the article: $articl->dmthumbnail
- File creator: $article->username
- Published date: $article->dmdate_published
- Document category: $article->title
- the url of your item: $link
Using all those variables, you can create your own product template.