You can insert Joomla articles from your website in your emails.
One by one
By category & By tag
- Content to insert: select the article you want to insert. You can filter them on their title and category.
- Display: choose here which parts of the content you want to insert in your email.
- Format: AcyMailing offers multiple default formats, for example the title, then the main picture and the description around it. Choose which one you prefer, or create your own one in the add-on's settings (it will require basic HTML knowledge).
- Pictures: When resizing pictures, AcyMailing applies a maximum size, tiny images won't be enlarged.
- Caption: you can choose to show the image caption below it with this option
- Clickable title: you can choose to add a link to the real content on its title. It will also add the link on the main picture if there is one.
- Truncate the text: you can choose to limit the number of characters from the article that will be displayed.
- Custom view: This is for advanced users only, if you don't have basic knowledge in HTML we don't recommend you to use it. With this option you can fully customise the way the article looks in your emails. Note that by doing so, you completely replace the default layout and thus, previous options won't be taken into account.
- Content to insert: select one or more categories to insert the articles that are in these categories. If you don't select any category, all the articles will be inserted
- Display: see the "One by one" tab.
- Format => Alternate: If you activate this option, each inserted article will be mirrored with the previous one for the main picture position. Formats with a picture taking the entire width are not affected.
- First options: see the "One by one" tab.
- Language: use this option to filter the articles by their language. If you select Spanish for example, it will insert the Spanish articles and the articles with "All" as language.
- Only featured elements: Joomla articles can be marked featured, you can choose to only insert those.
- Order by: By default, articles are sorted by ID descending to show the most recent ones first.
- Group by category and show category name: Especially useful when inserting the last 3 articles in an automatic campaign. If the last 3 articles are in the categories A, B and A, instead of inserting your articles like this:
It will insert them like this:
- article 1
- article 2
- article 3
- category A
- article 1
- article 3
- category B
- article 2
- Meta Keywords: In the Publishing tab when editing a Joomla article, you can enter keywords in the Meta Keywords field. You can then filter the inserted articles by keyword. You can specify multiple keywords separated by a comma, if you do, articles with at least one of the specified keywords will be inserted.
- Min. publishing date: You can make sure articles created before a specific date are not inserted (if yo unsure when creating an automatic campaign sending the last 5 articles for example)
- Columns: You can insert for example 2 articles per row in your email.
- Column horizontal padding: Allows you to adjust the horizontal padding between 2 columns
- Column vertical padding: Allows you to adjust the vertical padding between 2 columns
- Max. number of elements: This is the maximum number of articles inserted in your email.
- Date: This option makes sure that the same article isn't sent twice to your receivers. If there are only two new articles since the last email was sent, only those two will be inserted in the next email.
- Min. number of elements: This option is really special, if no new article has been published on your site, no email will be sent and AcyMailing will wait for the next generation attempt (instead of sending an empty email to your users).
Here are the settings available for this add-on: Custom view: override the content inserted in your email Front-end access: this settings allows you let your users access to this add-on in the frontend campaign management or not.