Comment on page
Create bounce rules
99% of bounce messages will be handled by our default rules... You don't have to modify them or create new ones! You still modify a rule or create your own one if you want, but you should make sure to know regular expressions. To edit an existing rule, simply click on its name. To create a new rule, click on the "New" button at the top right of the bounce handling screen.
You will see two parts on the edition page. The first one will sum up the important information of the bounce rule.
- Name: Name of the rule. It doesn't have any importance, the objective is simply to clearly identify the rule during the process so that you can understand it better. You can use custom language keys.
- Enabled: Only enabled rules will be loaded during the bounce handling.
- Summary: Will display the summary of the rule configuration. If you edit the rule a message will be displayed there to remind you to save your changes!
If you click on the edit button, you will have access to the whole configuration of the rule. Don't forget to save after making your changes.
- Regex: Regular expression to identify if the current rule applies to the message or not. If the rule matches the message, the action on the subscriber and on the e-mail will be triggered. Otherwise, the next rule will be considered. If the Regex matches the message, no more rule will be triggered.
- Execute the regex on: The regex can be executed on the sender information, on the subject and / or on the body of the message.
- Increment statistics: If the rule matches, should AcyMailing flag the message as a bounce message in the statistics? Messages like "Thank you for contacting us" shouldn't be considered as bounces for example.
- Action on the user: If the regex matches the message, AcyMailing will try to identify the subscriber and an action will be applied to this subscriber.
- The following actions on the subscriber will only be executed if AcyMailing received X bounce messages from this user. This option is very useful to handle "soft bounces". If you specify 0 or 1 then the action on the subscriber will be executed immediately. If you specify 2 or more, then Acy won't execute the subscriber action unless it already received X bounce messages from this user which have been considered as bounce message in the statistics (due to the option "statistics : Yes").
- Delete the user subscription: The user will be removed from all your mailing lists but the user won't be deleted.
- Unsubscribe the user: The user will be unsubscribed from the mailing lists he was subscribed to.
- Block the user: The user will be disabled but his subscription won't be changed. AcyMailing does not send e-mails to a blocked user.
- Delete the user: The user will be deleted from AcyMailing. AcyMailing does never delete a Joomla User (his subscription will be deleted in AcyMailing but not the user itself if it's a registered one).
- Empty the queue for the user: All the queued emails for this user will be removed
- Subscribe the user: The user will be subscribed to the selected list.
- Action on the e-mail: If the regex matches the message, an action will be applied to the message itself.
- Save message in database: The bounce message will be save in the user's history so you may see it on the user profile.
- Delete the message: The bounce message will be deleted from your mailbox. You should always delete the message from the mailbox unless you're testing the system.
- Forward the message: The bounce message will be forwarded to the specified e-mail address so that you can handle it manually.