Create Custom Field
Create your first AcyMailing custom fields
As you can see several actions new options that you can set on the right:
- Backend edition: Show the field on the backend edition
- Backend listing: Show the field on the backend listing
- Frontend edition (Joomla! only): Show the field on the frontend edition
- Frontend listing (Joomla! only): Show the field on the frontend listing
But there is other information to fill, and the first one is the name of you custom field the only one required. All the information that you see after Editable on user modification will depend on the type of field you've choose.
Here are the different field types:
- Single Dropdown
- Multiple Dropdown
- Custom Text
We will now add a Gender field as our goal is to include in our Newsletter "Hello Mr John..."
These are the information to fill:
- Field type: Single Dropdown
- We add a series of values. The first one will be selected by default since it doesn't have anything in "Value".
Note that you can drag and drop the values like in the listing.
We will create a birthday field so you can send an email on the birthday of your users
- The Field type to choose is Date
- We'll make it required to make sure to have this information to send birthday email.
- You can customise the format of your date field, for example %d%m%y will display 01/12/1989
If you activated the multilingual option in the AcyMailing configuration you will be able to translate every custom field name when it is displayed in the frontend.