WordPress posts and pages
You can insert WordPress posts and pages from your website in your emails.
One by one
By category & By tag
- Content to insert: select the post you want to insert. You can filter them on their title and category.
- Display: choose here which parts of the content you want to insert in your email.
- Format: AcyMailing offers multiple default formats, for example the title, then the main picture and the description around it. Choose which one you prefer, or create your own one in the add-on's settings (it will require basic HTML knowledge).
- Pictures: When resizing pictures, AcyMailing applies a maximum size, tiny images won't be enlarged.
- Featured image size: You can choose to insert an other version of the post's main picture generated by WordPress. This can be useful to reduce the size of your emails if you insert a lot of posts.
- Clickable title: you can choose to add a link to the real content on its title. It will also add the link on the main picture if there is one.
- Truncate the text: you can choose to limit the number of characters from the article that will be displayed.
- Custom view: This is for advanced users only, if you don't have basic knowledge in HTML we don't recommend you to use it. With this option you can fully customise the way the post looks in your emails. Note that by doing so, you completely replace the default layout and thus, previous options won't be taken into account.
Only available for posts, since pages don't have categories.
- Content to insert: select one or more categories to insert the posts that are in these categories. If you don't select any category, all the posts will be inserted
- Display: see the "One by one" tab.
- Format => Alternate: If you activate this option, each inserted post will be mirrored with the previous one for the main picture position. Formats with a picture taking the entire width are not affected.
- First options: see the "One by one" tab.
- Order by: By default, posts are sorted by ID descending to show the most recent ones first.
- Group by category and show category name: Especially useful when inserting the last 3 posts in an automatic campaign. If the last 3 posts are in the categories A, B and A, instead of inserting your posts like this:
It will insert them like this:
- post 1
- post 2
- post 3
- category A
- post 1
- post 3
- category B
- post 2
- Min. publishing date: You can make sure posts created before a specific date are not inserted (if yo unsure when creating an automatic campaign sending the last 5 posts for example)
- Columns: You can insert for example 2 posts per row in your email.
- Column horizontal padding: Allows you to adjust the horizontal padding between 2 columns
- Column vertical padding: Allows you to adjust the vertical padding between 2 columns
- Max. number of elements: This is the maximum number of posts inserted in your email.
- Only newly created: This option makes sure that the same post isn't sent twice to your receivers. If there are only two new posts since the last email was sent, only those two will be inserted in the next email.
- Min. number of elements: This option is really special, if no new post has been published on your site, no email will be sent and AcyMailing will wait for the next generation attempt (instead of sending an empty email to your users).
Here are the settings available for this add-on: Custom view: override the content inserted in your email